First thing to know - yes, I AM addicted to Pinterest. Second thing to know - I pin hundreds of pins that just sit there screaming "make me, visit me, bake me" and they never get the full attention they deserve. BUT that all ends right now!

As of today, well tomorrow, I am committing to make/visit/bake one thing each day for the next 365 days off of Pinterest.

Why do this you ask? I'd like to say it's for personal development, reaching what Oprah calls my "best" life but really, it's probably just to drive my hubby crazy with one more "thing" I am doing. :) The good news is, not to fret, he will be reaping some of the rewards from my experiment. (Mental note, make an out of the world cheesecake each month from Pinterest)

Make sure to also like my Facebook Fan Page at www.facebook.com/indigoroadcreates and my Etsy store at www.etsy.com/shop/indigoroadcreates.

Happy blog following and I hope that I inspire some of you to stop pinning and start doing!

XOXO
Lacey

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 10 - Receiving Blanket

Hey everyone!  I'm going to make this short and sweet because of many reasons but mostly because it was Bunco night and I didn't' prepare myself...hence a short post with a few spelling errors.  I worked on a FANTASTIC post today but didn't quite get it done (because of my OCD tendencies) so I'm showing you my other creation for the day.

This was probably the easiest thing in the world to make!

You simply cut two printed fabrics out the same shape and then cut your batting to match.  To sew, lay the batting down first, one print wrong side up then the other print wrong side down.  Sew with a quarter inch seam allowance, leaving 3-4 inches gap on one side so you can easily turn it inside out.  Trim your edges with pinking shears.  Turn inside out.  Iron.  Top stitch the top with a 1/8" seam allowance, tucking the edges of the gap in.  And vowla!!!  You have a burp cloth!


More pics to come tomorrow!!! Nighty night friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment