First thing to know - yes, I AM addicted to Pinterest. Second thing to know - I pin hundreds of pins that just sit there screaming "make me, visit me, bake me" and they never get the full attention they deserve. BUT that all ends right now!

As of today, well tomorrow, I am committing to make/visit/bake one thing each day for the next 365 days off of Pinterest.

Why do this you ask? I'd like to say it's for personal development, reaching what Oprah calls my "best" life but really, it's probably just to drive my hubby crazy with one more "thing" I am doing. :) The good news is, not to fret, he will be reaping some of the rewards from my experiment. (Mental note, make an out of the world cheesecake each month from Pinterest)

Make sure to also like my Facebook Fan Page at www.facebook.com/indigoroadcreates and my Etsy store at www.etsy.com/shop/indigoroadcreates.

Happy blog following and I hope that I inspire some of you to stop pinning and start doing!

XOXO
Lacey

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day 2 - Double Sided Apron

This pin has been staring me down - the major problem was that I didn't feel like I could sew like a big girl.  :)  I'm very comfortable quilting but making aprons and clothing, well that's a whole new beast.  While I was working on the benefit a few weeks ago, I met the sweetest gal named Joni Johnson and she does window treatments among many other things and when I told her that I was afraid of attempting something like an apron but told her I sew she informed me that she was terrified of quilting.  So...I thought what the heck, let's give it a try!

Here are some pictures from my apron making time.  Now, please note that this first one is a) not perfect whatsoever and b) took me about double the time it probably would take me on round two.  One thing is for sure though - I am adding this to my Etsy site and plan on making many more!  They are too cute NOT to make!

 The bodice pieces - front and back

 I made and sewed dart marks!!!

 Both sides before sewing together

 Finished product - side A

 Finished product - side B

 McKinley rocked the apron!!  Wonder if she cooks at home???  ;)


The McKinley apron will be for sale on my Etsy shop later this evening.  The apron is $42.

1 comment: