First thing to know - yes, I AM addicted to Pinterest. Second thing to know - I pin hundreds of pins that just sit there screaming "make me, visit me, bake me" and they never get the full attention they deserve. BUT that all ends right now!

As of today, well tomorrow, I am committing to make/visit/bake one thing each day for the next 365 days off of Pinterest.

Why do this you ask? I'd like to say it's for personal development, reaching what Oprah calls my "best" life but really, it's probably just to drive my hubby crazy with one more "thing" I am doing. :) The good news is, not to fret, he will be reaping some of the rewards from my experiment. (Mental note, make an out of the world cheesecake each month from Pinterest)

Make sure to also like my Facebook Fan Page at www.facebook.com/indigoroadcreates and my Etsy store at www.etsy.com/shop/indigoroadcreates.

Happy blog following and I hope that I inspire some of you to stop pinning and start doing!

XOXO
Lacey

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day 6 - Out of this world sheet cake!

Well, call this cheating or not but I'm ADDING a pin today.  I searched on Pinterest for this pin and it was nowhere to be found!  Who doesn't make Texas Sheet Cake???  This recipe is my FAV ever - because it's my GRANDMA'S recipe.  It is delicious!

For our Superbowl party of 3, we are making a smorgasbord of items including this decadent dessert.  We're not huge sports nuts so I really watch for the pre-game show, half-time show and enough highlights to make me sound somewhat competent during day after conversations and Facebook team trashing.

Here's the recipe for you to try out.  Just don't plan on the next day being your "weigh in" day.  Yikes!!!


Regena's Brownies:

2 c. flour
2 c. sugar
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
4 T. cocoa
2 sticks oleo
1 c. water
1/2 c. buttermilk
2 eggs, beaten 
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix flour, sugar, soda and cinnamon.  Melt cocoa, oleo and water together, then add to dry ingredients.  Add buttermilk, eggs and vanilla.  Bake at 400 degrees for 20 min in a 11 x 16 inch pan.  

Frosting:
Melt 4 tablespoons cocoa, 1 stick oleo, 6 tablespoons milk, 4 cups powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat well and pour over warm cake.  

GAH!!!!  So good - eating it now as I'm typing.

No comments:

Post a Comment