First thing to know - yes, I AM addicted to Pinterest. Second thing to know - I pin hundreds of pins that just sit there screaming "make me, visit me, bake me" and they never get the full attention they deserve. BUT that all ends right now!

As of today, well tomorrow, I am committing to make/visit/bake one thing each day for the next 365 days off of Pinterest.

Why do this you ask? I'd like to say it's for personal development, reaching what Oprah calls my "best" life but really, it's probably just to drive my hubby crazy with one more "thing" I am doing. :) The good news is, not to fret, he will be reaping some of the rewards from my experiment. (Mental note, make an out of the world cheesecake each month from Pinterest)

Make sure to also like my Facebook Fan Page at www.facebook.com/indigoroadcreates and my Etsy store at www.etsy.com/shop/indigoroadcreates.

Happy blog following and I hope that I inspire some of you to stop pinning and start doing!

XOXO
Lacey

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 17 - Paula Dean's Strawberry Shortcake Trifle

This is a delicious dessert and when I say delicious I mean really, really, REALLY fattening (I didn't even look at the calories on it for fear of what they said).  I made this dessert around Christmas time for a dessert exchange party and the next day this is what I found:


THAT'S how I knew it was good!  If you knew my hubby at all you'd understand...he's not really a sweets person at all but he sure did devour this.  

I altered Paula's recipe to fit our likings.  Instead of the Angel Food cake I used a yellow box cake mix.  Then instead of using a glaze for the strawberries, I just used strawberries only.  And lastly, for the white filling layer, I used 1 tub cool whip, 1 box cream cheese and 1 c. sugar (from my mom's strawberry pretzel dessert!).

Here's the link to the original posting:

Bake your cake as directed on the box.  Let it cool. 


Meanwhile, make your white filling mix.  Blend 1 tub of cool whip, 1 brick of cream cheese and 1 c. sugar.  


To assemble, layer with cut up pieces of your cake, white filling and strawberries.  Repeat.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment