First thing to know - yes, I AM addicted to Pinterest. Second thing to know - I pin hundreds of pins that just sit there screaming "make me, visit me, bake me" and they never get the full attention they deserve. BUT that all ends right now!

As of today, well tomorrow, I am committing to make/visit/bake one thing each day for the next 365 days off of Pinterest.

Why do this you ask? I'd like to say it's for personal development, reaching what Oprah calls my "best" life but really, it's probably just to drive my hubby crazy with one more "thing" I am doing. :) The good news is, not to fret, he will be reaping some of the rewards from my experiment. (Mental note, make an out of the world cheesecake each month from Pinterest)

Make sure to also like my Facebook Fan Page at www.facebook.com/indigoroadcreates and my Etsy store at www.etsy.com/shop/indigoroadcreates.

Happy blog following and I hope that I inspire some of you to stop pinning and start doing!

XOXO
Lacey

Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 7 - No Sew T-Shirt Scarf

No sew, no sweat!  What an adorable little scarf for not much time investment (or moo-lah investment) and it was super easy!!  When I saw these scarfs I automatically thought of my mom so I'm sure that she'll be getting one of these for something coming up soon...hope mom doesn't read this one!

Here's the run down on how to make this fun little number:

1) Get yourself a couple of t-shirts.  I did two different colors to give mine a bit of pizazz.  You can't go wrong with pink and black.  Note - I bought mine both at Hobby Lobby and they were size XL.

2) Lay your t-shirts out and get yourself a paper plate (one you haven't used, of course!) and cut out circles from the t-shirts.  I used my rotary cuter making it probably more simple than using scissors but I'm sure scissors would do the trick, just take a bit longer.



3) Take a pair of scissors and cut a spiral out of the circles like below.  I did two circles at a time to make it go a bit faster and it worked just fine. 


4) To finish, you simply stretch the strips out by pulling on both ends and it will begin to naturally ruffle up.  I took one piece of strip and looped it around the point where both sides met in the front and tied it around to hold the sides together and double knotted it in back and let the ends hang to look like just another part of the scarf.  You could just knot it in the back where your neck is and let the two sides hang freely - whatever your pleasure!  I added a cute little black flower that clips in so I can change it out depending on how I feel that day - funky or not quite so funky.  :)





Happy Crafting!!!

XOXO 
Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment