First thing to know - yes, I AM addicted to Pinterest. Second thing to know - I pin hundreds of pins that just sit there screaming "make me, visit me, bake me" and they never get the full attention they deserve. BUT that all ends right now!

As of today, well tomorrow, I am committing to make/visit/bake one thing each day for the next 365 days off of Pinterest.

Why do this you ask? I'd like to say it's for personal development, reaching what Oprah calls my "best" life but really, it's probably just to drive my hubby crazy with one more "thing" I am doing. :) The good news is, not to fret, he will be reaping some of the rewards from my experiment. (Mental note, make an out of the world cheesecake each month from Pinterest)

Make sure to also like my Facebook Fan Page at www.facebook.com/indigoroadcreates and my Etsy store at www.etsy.com/shop/indigoroadcreates.

Happy blog following and I hope that I inspire some of you to stop pinning and start doing!

XOXO
Lacey

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day 15 - T-shirt Flowers

It took me a couple of times to get this one the way I wanted it to look but the end result was totally worth the cursing I spewed out while I was trying to get it just perfect!  These t-shirt flowers are adorable and will make a perfect accent for my t-shirt scarves.  I also made a headband out of it but it seems a little heavy.  Guess I'll need to borrow a baby because I sure don't plan on having a little model any time soon!!!  Natalie...Choloe...where are you girls when I need you???

So here's the original post for the t-shirt flowers:
http://pinterest.com/pin/186617978278957483/

Here's my teeth-gritting process:

Get an old (or new) t-shirt and cut a strip off of the bottom of the t-shirt about 1 inch in width.  I cut the ends off so I actually have two strips (front and back of tee) instead of one really long one.  


Sew a straight line down the center of the strip of fabric.  You are gathering the fabric so you need to make your stitch much looser than normal.



To gather fabric, take the string on the back side of the fabric and pull it.  You'll have to spread the gathering out and work at it to get it right.  My final fabric strip was about 10 inches long.


Then just fold the strip in half at the stitch and start rolling it around each other (I didn't get a good picture of this because I needed both hands!) and glue with fabric glue to a piece of felt or fabric.  It takes a couple of hours to dry so don't plan on using it right away. 

And ta-da!  You have your beautiful t-shirt flower!


Here's the headband I made with the flower - so lovely.  :)


1 comment: